Is your child:
• worried about being around or talking to people?
• overly concerned what others may be thinking of them?
• rigid and needing things to go a certain way to feel okay?
• having a hard time getting to school or arriving late to school?
• feeling like they can’t make it through the school day?
• hesitant to participate in class?
• worried and “on edge” most of the time?
• appearing physically uncomfortable in certain situations?
• having bouts of crying, shaking, fidgeting, stomach aches or headaches?
• experiencing racing or obsessive thoughts?
If the answer to any of the above questions is “yes”, then your child may be struggling with heightened anxiety.
Why the Intensive Anxiety Clinic?
As a supplement to the individual and family therapy you already have in place, Riverview’s Intensive Anxiety Clinic offers a higher level of care to teach children and adolescents the basic skills necessary to effectively manage their anxiety and lead fuller, more enjoyable lives. Riverview’s Intensive Anxiety Clinic serves as an excellent proactive measure for those beginning to show serious signs of impairment as well as and after-care option for kids who have completed intensive outpatient or partial hospitalization programs. *Child does not have to be a Riverview client to participate in the clinic.
What is the Intensive Anxiety Clinic?
Our Clinic Includes:
– An initial assessment and one individual session to determine goals
– 16 week curriculum focused on anxiety management
– Bi-weekly groups divided by grade level
– Utilization of evidence-based Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
– 4 monthly parenting groups focusing on education and techniques on how to best support your struggling child.
– Regular contact and updates with the child’s primary therapist (primary therapist does NOT have to be a Riverview therapist)
When is the Intensive Anxiety Clinic?
High school Clinic – Mondays and Thursdays at 5:30 – 6:20 pm
Middle School Clinic – Mondays and Thursdays at 4:30- 5:20 pm
Elementary Students – Mondays and Thursdays at 3:30-4:20 pm
Monthly Parenting Groups-Saturdays